Friday 6 August 2010

The Talented Ms Howell...

I have just read through the August edition of Vogue and spotted this really fab photograph of Margaret Howell by photographer Jason Bell. At the end of Summer 2009 I was thinking of possibly buying a place in the Old Town, Hastings and I'd arranged to view a couple of properties. The third house I visited was owned by a woman who I thought I'd seen or perhaps met somewhere before, but I couldn't quite place where. She noted that she had previously lived in south east London, quite near me. We got talking some more and I mentioned I'd put on a small exhibition by photographer, Ellen Nolan, back in May who had recently shot a fashion campaign ad for Margaret Howell's latest collection. The owner turned out to be Margaret's sister. No wonder she looked so familiar. I eventually bought the house. She moved into a very pretty cottage in the Old Town. As a talented garden designer, she wanted to take on a much larger garden project; looking forward to seeing the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment