Sunday 11 September 2011

Citroen Van Heaven

I'm recently back from a trip to Olonzac in the South East of France. Highlight of the trip (apart from an unexpected lift back in the local firefighter's truck to the airport due to last minute lack of transport) was finding this Citroen HY van heaven in a nearby village. Tucked around the corner was a collection of battered early vehicles including BMW and Citroen cars - my kind of va va vroom! On the flight home I noticed the well-dressed figure of 70s Poldark actor, Robin Ellis, a few seats ahead of me. Mr Ellis was trying to give off an air of dignity, but it is a little hard to remain resplendent on a Ryanair flight whilst you have an air hostess passing a ready made chicken salad sandwich from the clunking aisle trolley and a copy of Hello magazine over your head to the passenger in the adjacent seat. But I award 10/10 for his coolness and composure under this form of darstardly cabin pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment