Saturday 3 December 2011

Tree Biscuits

As I'm having a home day cooking I thought I'd try my hand at these All-spice biscuits. Folk are due over from Norway shortly and we'd thought we'd give these biscuits a go to hang as decorations. An outline in white icing would be a good touch, but the cupboard is bare in that department at the moment, so the next batch will be given the makeover treatment to glam them up a bit. (Don't forget, as I have done here, to make little holes at the top of the biscuit before you put them in the oven so you can thread ribbon or string through. I'm reliably informed by Thora, whose recipe this is, that a chopstick is the perfect tool to use!)
400g plain flour
100g butter
150g sugar
1 free range egg
4 tablespoons golden syrup
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
bake at 140℃ for approximately 30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment