Wednesday 30 March 2011

Norm 69

I've admired the Norm 69 designed by Simon Karkov in 1969 for some while and decided to make a purchase. However, I was glad I'd read up on the Normann Copenhagen website before deciding to buy as it is comes as a flat pack self-assemble number, consisting of 69 pieces. Each fragment has to be individually folded and this has to be done in a room that is warm, otherwise the pieces have a tendency to crack as you fold them. Their web boasts that the quickest anyone has assembled a Norm 69 is 38 minutes; however, if you haven't had a crack at assembling one of these before, I think a realistic 2 hours needs to be set aside. I was almost breaking out in a brain surgery style sweat at the terror of one of these leaves cracking while I was folding and attaching the leaves. However, the result was worth the effort in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment