Tuesday 8 March 2011

Twist and Shout

This cold but sunny lunchtime was brightened with the rather impressive sight (and sound) of Bianca Jagger giving a rousing speech outside on the foyer of the Royal Festival Hall at today's WoW festival to kick off International Women's Day to a moderate crowd of lay-dees. And, boy, she sounded and looked absolutely fantastic. After her speech, I tottered into the Southbank to book my Tindersticks tickets and ate my lunch trying to pretend that I hadn't noticed Tamsin Greig (really enjoyed her recent-ish performance in The Episodes) on the table adjacent me and wondering who the annoyingly loud chap was on the next table; it was Wayne Hemmingway trying to enthuse a rather blank-looking youth about the joys of Fashion Week. It didn't seem to be having much effect - probably an intern; working long hours for absolutely no pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment