Monday 12 April 2010

You're Awful, but I Like You...


I couldn't resist buying this little oddity from one of the shops in George Street; they sell a good selection of old fabrics, some second hand books with beautiful covers and a crop of old games. They have an old haberdashers cabinet crammed to the gills with old worn odd-bod
toys. However, when I got this home, I decided to remove it from the temporary resting place in the bedroom as I felt its sombre thousand-yard stare was not really complimentary to a good nights sleep. I can't decide if this is original or it's an old doll's head which has been carefully sewn onto a body which appears to be in some style of Dutch costume. It has super large feet, which I think is trying to denote a pair of wooden clogs! .

1 comment:

  1. I find that deeply disturbing... Don't blame you at all for removing it from the bedroom. Not sure I'd have been brave enough to being it home!

    ReplyDelete