Tuesday 13 April 2010

Herve's Marvellous Medicine


I've recently made 4 bottles of moonshine from a French recipe using unripen green walnuts as its key ingredient to give this aperitif its distinct flavour. When I was passed the recipe from family (an ex-nun) living in the North East of France, I was told rather firmly that it was best to make the drink by the 14th July. However, the carefully packed stash of walnuts got a bit delayed in the post from France to the UK, but fingers crossed this is not going to affect the flavour too much. The only problem now is that I have to store the bottles, give them a shake every couple of weeks to encourage the fermentation, and keep this up for an agonising 12 months until it is ready to quaff. Hopefully at the end of this process I should have some rather pucker aperitif to warm the cockles on a chilly autumnal eve...2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment