Thursday 8 April 2010

View From Up in Suze's Room


Slow, slow progress in the house but the sun is out and I snuck off for a long walk along the beach to celebrate, purchasing a copy of J L Carr's 'A Month in the Country' along the way. I was in that kind of mood. Having to take the sewing machine in this car this weekend to fathom out how I sew up the heavy jute curtains with a calico lining. Unfortunately, I've noticed the jute starts to pong a bit; not in a bad way I may add, but there is a definite waft of 'eau de shredded wheat' permeating the air once the sun shines directly on the material. I should have been watching the chaps don their tweed on The Tweed Run this coming weekend with Mr Sutton, but since I've been a tad slack at the old DIY malarkey, I'm just going to have to pull my socks up, take the paint brush between the teeth, and jolly well get cracking and put all thoughts of being in Barcelona out of my head until at least Monday. Oddly enough, Mr Sutton's friends have a place in Hastings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment