Tuesday 18 January 2011

Caravan of Love

Chez Carthorse Greenwich was struck by a blocked water pipe, the central heating breaking down and just to compliment the lack of heating and being unable to wash, a little waterfall appeared, courtesy of the freezing weather recently shattering a couple of slate roof tiles, in the kitchen during the heavy rain on Monday while the British Gas engineer was trying to fix the boiler. Two out of three are now fixed. I'm just hoping the rain stays off until tomorrow. On Sunday I went over to Columbia Road Market to cheer the collapsing abode up with a selection of flowers. Robert Elms and his Mrs were doing the rounds too that morning. Took a walk around the backstreets nearby and made the fatal mistake of looking in at Caravan and their new range. Hare Snow Domes (Yes, I repeat: Hare Snow Domes!) have been added to the shop and my shallow heart started craving. My dwindling money is being pulled as if by magnets from my pockets to make a purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment