Sunday 2 January 2011

It's so the magazine for me...

Yes, that's what I actually heard today, a person loudly exclaiming to their friend as I was also considering a would-be purchase of Oh Comely Magazine in the local magazine emporium - "It's soooooo the magazine for me!". Apart from nearly vomiting on the spot at overhearing this, it resulted in me lowering my grasping hand to said magazine, instantly dismiss the intended purchase and walk off post haste. In the days of yore, I used to work in the Editorial Department of Faber and Faber. I recently met up with someone I used to work with there and they mentioned Eyewear. If you are interested in the written word and general cultural happenings then this may, possibly, be "so for you". I'll make my purchase of Oh Comely when the coast is clear of punters early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment