Monday 3 January 2011

White Out


Up early to strip off the remaining wallpaper in the hallway then the fun of sanding down the walls - so just as well the neighbours are still away. I've recently come across Fjeldborg and am torn between the idea of whiting out the whole of the house. Off to have a cup of tea and think about it, and listen to the debate on Radio 4 about the Archers and Nigel falling through the roof (frankly, it's rather a shame Helen hadn't met with disaster). You can tell it's a Bank Holiday... However, Jarvis Cocker did alright presenting 'The Thrill of It All' on Radio 6 about the history of Roxy Music (Mother of Pearl is one of my favourite songs, though can't quite say the same of 'Avalon' with its Peter Saville cover). Michael Bracewell's book 'Remake/Re-model' is a good read too. I've just discovered I've got two first editions of it on my bookshelf. Not sure how that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment